Cake Decorating Extravaganza
Creativity will take center stage at Artisan Bakery Expo East when up to 125 elite professional and amateur/student cake decorators go head-to-head to see who has the most artistry, skill, and imagination during one of the world’s most prestigious annual cake competitions.
Each cake will be judged independently by a team of expert judges. The judging will take place on Sunday, Oct. 16 from 2-5PM. All cakes will be judged on appearance with points being awarded for neatness, originality, creativity, colors, and degree of difficulty.
3 Cake Categories
- Tiered Wedding Cakes
- Novelty/Specialty Cakes
- Sculptured Cakes
Professional Category will receive $500 and a recognition plaque.
Amateur/Student Category will receive $300 and a recognition plaque. 2nd and 3rd place will receive $100 and $50, respectively.
1 Best of Show Winner will be chosen by the judges, and will receive a plaque & a cash prize of $500.00.
Sunday, October 16
11:00 AM – 5:00 PM – All Divisions (Professional/Amateur & Student) and Categories (Novelty/Specialty Cake/Sculptured Cakes) can be viewed
2:00-4:45 PM – Judges take place
4:45 PM – Winners Announced
- Completed cakes will be dropped at a pre-designated area in the front of Hall C on:
- Saturday, October 15 from 12pm-6pm
- Sunday, October 16 from 8am -11am.
- Any cakes delivered after the show is already open will be disqualified and not eligible for judging, but will be allowed to be on display for viewing purposes.
- Cakes must be picked up on Monday, October 17 between 3:30 – 5:30pm
Monday, October 17
11:00 AM – 3:15 PM – All Divisions (Professional/Amateur & Student) and Categories (Novelty/Specialty Cake/Sculptured Cakes) can be viewed.
3:30-4:00 PM – Awards Presentation
- Cakes must be picked up on Monday, October 17 between 3:30-5:30 PM
2022 Cake Decorating Extravaganza Winners
Novelty Cake – Best in Show
- Ashley Russel
1st Place: Hocus Pocus Cake
- Nipa Sheth
1st Place: Elephant Cake
- Kerri Ann Perfontaine
- Marisol Stout
1st Place: El Dia De Los Muertos Cake (Face Sculpted In)
- Cecilia Davis
2nd Place: Bread Cake
- Tabitha Chaviano
1st Place: Baby Marina
- Rebecca Moody
1st Place: Pink Dreams
- Rebecca Moody
1st Place: The Nun